SUSA training activities enhance and accelerate learning about marine ecosystems through immersion experiences for people of all ages, backgrounds, and capabilities. Our experiential learning opportunities focus on the wonders of Australia's marine resources with past participants ranging in age from 7 to 89.
● Director has over 20 years experience delivering marine science education.
● Programs include contributions from 3 universities as well as professionals and senior managers involved in marine management.
● Ability to develop custom programs to suit specific needs, including staff learning and development, environmental education and team building.
We collaborate with Healthy Land and Water to deliver three expeditions each year, that contribute data to the Healthy Land and Water Report Card.
Come join one of our many programs:
- Sailing for Seagrass - for 15 to 18 y.o. in their senior 2 years of high school.
- Marine Science Intern trip - Live aboard trips where students help to collect data that supports monitoring and research projects on coral, seagrass or dolphins
- TeachLive - an initiative continuing education opportunity for teachers - funded by the Victorian Department of Education and the Victorian Georgraphy Teachers association.
- Professional Development for Queensland High Schools science and marine science teachers.
- Put Your degree into Action - for University Students
Dr James Udy has also developed and run experienced based field learning for tertiary students through The University of Queensland (2002-2008).
Contact SUSA to discuss your specific needs from a memorable team building experience to tertiary education.
experiential learning opportunities focused on the wonders of Australia's marine resources