● Velella, SUSA’s 12m research vessel, supports scientific “live aboard” research. Velella includes an on board side scan sonar and underwater camera so you can investigate what's on the bottom for habitat mapping and other applications.
● The sailing catamaran provides a low carbon footprint and stable research platform for many different types of marine research and education.
● 2C survey provides the opportunity to operate up to 30 NM from the Australian Coast - providing access to remote locations.
● 1D survey with 24 person capacity provides for use as a training platform and team building and educational purposes.
● Velella has permits to supports research in Moreton Bay and the Great Barrier Reef. It has also successfully circumnavigated Australia.